Battery Point Lighthouse
The Battery Point Lighthouse was first lit with oil lamps on December 10, 1856. It also is an active residence with a lighthouse keeper.
During over 150 years of history for this lighthouse, many keepers and their families have tended its light.
Visits to the Battery Point Lighthouse and Island are only possible at low tides. Much caution should be used when crossing the two hundred feet between the mainland and island. Sneaker waves can at any time threaten anyone standing on or near the rocks and the shore of Battery Point Island.